Grant and Impact Specialist (maternity cover)
Do you have a passion for using your process coordination and development skills to create impact at work? Do you have an interest in working with future life science entrepreneurs and enjoy being part of a dynamic international organization?
If so, we have the perfect job opportunity for you. BioInnovation Institute (BII) is looking for a new colleague who will take responsibility for BII’s impact reporting and specific grant processes as a maternity cover.
You will have the responsibility for call, assessment and granting processes for our Bio Studio funding program. Bio Studio is a funding program aiming to foster creation of impactful life science companies based on world-class academic research. Your work will involve coordinating overall project selection timelines, pitch events, calls and due diligence processes as well as managing grant agreements and granting processes.
Your second major responsibility will be to manage and coordinate our impact reporting efforts. Impact reporting is a key part of our activities, and it contributes to both developing our operations further and to communicating our success to external stakeholders. Your work will involve managing quarterly and annual impact reporting processes, ensuring high quality of impact data, and coordinating the development of BII’s annual impact report.
BII is an independent commercial foundation with a not-for-profit objective. We have established a collaborative workspace in Copenhagen to bring together entrepreneurial researchers and company creators from different disciplines. BII workspace currently hosts more than 50 life science start-ups and company creation projects. Being founded by the Novo Nordisk Foundation, we still maintain close ties to both the Novo Nordisk Foundation and Novo Holdings.
You will work in close collaboration with colleagues at BII and external stakeholders such as the Novo Nordisk Foundation to deliver efficient call, assessment and granting processes for the Bio Studio program, and to coordinate BII’s impact reporting efforts.
- Manage granting processes and systems for Bio Studio program including grant agreements
- Manage Bio Studio project selection processes including pitch events
- Coordinate Bio Studio strategic call and due diligence processes
- Coordinate BII’s annual and quarterly impact reporting efforts including design of impact reporting processes
- Support the development of BII’s impact reporting systems
- Ensure the quality of impact data
- Coordinate the development BII’s annual impact report
- Contribute to producing board materials related to Bio Studio grants and impact reporting
- Support BII CTO including scheduling BII Science & Tech team meetings and events
We are looking for a team member with an ability to collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders and deliver efficient operational processes related to grant and impact management.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field such as business administration
- Three years of relevant job experience
- Process coordination, development and optimization experience
- Ability to independently make decisions and drive projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in international and multidisciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build good relationships
- Proactive and with a structured approach to problem-solving
- Professional, quality-conscious and detail-oriented
- Passion for delivering societal impact through your work
- Project management training is desirable
Working at BII
We offer a committed and professional workplace in which we emphasize ensuring that our colleagues thrive, are challenged and have opportunities to develop their potential. A career at BII gives you the opportunity to work:
- on building the largest innovation and incubation initiative within the Life Sciences in Denmark;
- with key actors within research and development; and
- as part of a dedicated team that is passionate about creating value for society.
BioInnovation Institute provides you with an opportunity to become part of a vibrant and professional workplace with a chance to bring ideas to life and science to market for the benefit for society and human welfare.
Application and Information
For more information, please contact Markus Herrgård, Chief Technical Officer on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +45 24 92 17 80. We encourage you to send your application as soon as possible and no later than 05/02/2023.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter, and university transcripts by clicking on the “Apply now” button.
About the BioInnovation Institute Foundation
The BioInnovation Institute foundation (BII) is an international commercial foundation with a nonprofit objective supported by the Novo Nordisk Foundation. BII operates an incubator to accelerate world-class life science innovation that drives the development of new solutions by early life science start-ups for the benefit of people and society.
BII, located in Copenhagen, Denmark, offers start-ups and early-stage projects within health tech, therapeutics and bioindustrials state-of-the-art labs, vibrant office facilities, business development, start-up business incubation, access to high-level mentoring and international networks, plus unique funding opportunities of up to 1.3 million euro per start-up and 2.4 million euro per project.
Since the inauguration of BII in November 2018, BII has awarded 35 million euros to 68 high-growth start-up companies. Read more on www.bioinnovationinstitute.com